Monday, July 16, 2012

My Life of Late: DIY Edition

Living one block from Home Depot has inspired many projects between my roommates and I. I recently purchased a diamond drill bit and have since been obsessed with drilling holes in things. It's a much slower process than I anticipated, but it's also kind of therapeutic.

My first project: drilling holes in this ceramic elephant figurine that I bought on etsy to make a necklace, because I'm still obsessing over these Andres Gallardo pieces. Just as I was about to finish each hole, it cracked. So I ended up with an elephant in three pieces. Luckily this is nothing a little Barges glue can't fix, and despite the obvious cracks I'm still pretty excited about the result.

 




I also have a DIY haircut, because I freaked out and decided I needed my hair cut IMMEDIATELY, so I made my roommate Justin (the most responsible person present) to have a go at it. Needless to say he hacked it all off. I actually am really liking the length, but luckily I stopped him when he said "maybe this is what layering is."

Next project: a shelving unit for over my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment