Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Poetry Festival of New York

This weekend I was a stage manager for one of the three stages at the Poetry Festival of New York. On Saturday I took the 7 a.m. ferry to Governors Island (not so much an attestation to my commitment as to my guilt for having missed the last meeting). Needless to say I'm exhausted. But it was worth it to hang out with a bunch of poets in the park as they pranced and somersaulted around the grass.



 

It was my first time to Governors Island, and it's gorgeous in that not only is it reminiscent of Colonial Williamsburg but that it's so anti-New York City. It's like a normal park in a normal city plopped onto an island in the East River. I am now even more excited to go to the Jazz Age Lawn Party in August!


Dorothea Lasky!

I felt totally out of my element as a stage manager, but luckily I got into the swing of things after being yelled at by strangers all morning about the sound being too loud or too quiet. Once the circuit breaker was fixed and the sound came back on, day two went much more smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment