Monday, June 18, 2012

Tumblr Famous

I was a teenager during the rather innocent age of AIM, back when we went through a hippie phase as opposed to a Kurt-Cobain worshipping, grunge wearing nineties phase. Now there is tumblr, not to mention all the other social networking sites and their accompanying trolling, anon-baiting, hate-mailing, etc. Tumblr is the perfect forum for breeding teenage culture, drama included, and I find it fascinating.

This is a tribute to all things witchy, floral, teenager-y, neon, and nineties, with a special shout out to artist and tumblr anthropologist Grace Micelli and, naturally, epitome of tumblr fame, Molly Soda.

    The inspirational Grace Miceli.

(I actually used to see Molly Soda in the photography building at NYU because she worked in the cage renting out equipment, so when I saw her on tumblr I was like, is that the same girl? I really did have to do the google search version of a double-take despite the (then) neon-yellow hair and glaring Molly-Soda-ness.)
And of course the ever infamous Molly Soda, official queen of tumblr.


Check it out & buy some tumblr-esque accessories, then take some selfies!










No comments:

Post a Comment