Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Life of Late: Post-Sandy

Well, I did get to go to one Halloween party dressed up as (surprise!) a fortune teller, but because of Sandy, actual Halloween was spent at home eating candy. I did make a Halloween crown and wear it, though.


I'm extremely grateful that the worst of my Sandy experience was missing out on Halloween, plus a couple minor inconveniences (honking and lines for gas). A lot of people are still in need, so I've been using that as an excuse to attend some awesome events where all proceeds went to Sandy relief efforts.



This weekend I'm going to the Powerhouse Arena in DUMBO for their Sandy Hates Books fundraiser to help save their bookstore, which was completely devastated by the storm.

The Powerhouse Arena in a very sad state :(

Thankfully New York is bouncing back (as is its nature), and we can start looking forward to the fun things yet to come! Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment