Sunday, May 13, 2012

Grand Opening + Some Honesty



Well, I have succeeded in further delaying my admittance into the real world: my English degree and a year of nannying have inspired me to open an etsy shop. 

Yes, I am one of those artsy fucks whose passions include writing poetry and doing arts and crafts but never really accomplishing anything. I have no remarkable skills or relevant experience to put on a resume, so naturally my inclination was to apply to grad school. Seeing as I have yet to hear from them (I'm assuming the worst), I had to find some other way to appease the existential hounding.

Hence my etsy shop: a mini-version of a dream come true, a source of income not from a rich Manhattan family paying me to deal with their overly-coddled child, but from doing something I would be doing anyway.

So I ask you to humor me. I know I won't be making any reasonable amount to live on, nor will I probably sell anything except a necklace to my friend who so graciously wants to buy it. But damn if it doesn't ease the post-grad pressure to conform to society's notion of success.


No comments:

Post a Comment